Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Greenline Travels
Chalakudy Greenline Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Greenline Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
The city of Bangalore is India’s third largest city and the state capital of Karnataka, known for being a modern, cosmopolitan metropolis at the helm of the country’s IT-boom. Bangalore is a shopper’s haven overrun with big malls and shopping districts, as well as a food lover’s paradise with one of the highest concentrations of places to eat in the continent. Spotted with parks and natural lakes, Bangalore is alternately known as ‘The Garden City of India.’ Recently voted as the most livable metro in the country, Bangalore is known as‘Pensioner’s Paradise’ on the one hand and as ‘Start-up City,’ on the other, attracting youth from across the world with its trending markets and rapid availability of jobs. With Bangalore’s ever-doubling IT infrastructure, it is often referred to as the Silicon Valley of India.
Another aspect of Bangalore is soaked in the history of bygone, ancient cultures. Bangalore has been peopled for up to 3000 years, bearing megalithic monuments that treasure its rich past. Bangalore, as we know it today, was established in 1537 by KempeGowda I, who constructed a well-planned city within an oval mud fort in the area that is today known as City Market. Gradually, Bangalore grew into a commercial center and a chief part of the silk industry. Over successive centuries the Marathas, Mughals, Wodeyars and the Mysore Sultanate, all did their bit to develop the city further. In 1809 the British set up a cantonment in Bangalore, drawn by its pleasant weather and central location.
The earliest recorded usage of the name Bengaluru is found in today’s ‘Old Bangalore,’ in a 9th century temple. According to legend, King ViraBallala was once lost in the jungles that once overran these parts. He was wandering, tired and hungry, when an old woman revived him with her hospitality and a plate of boiled beans. Out of gratitude the King consequently named the area ‘Benda KaaluUru’ (Town of Boiled Beans). It was only in 1831, when the British seized Mysore from the ruling Wodeyars that the capital was shifted to Bangalore. The anglicization of Bengaluru turned it into Bangalore until it was recently reverted back to its original.
Although Bangalore is not a popular tourist destination, there are many sites worth taking a tour of. The legislative House of Karnataka, VidhanaSoudha, is one of the Chief attractions of Bangalore. It was built during the 1950s using granite in a neo-Dravidian style of architecture. Other places of historical interest include the Bangalore Palace, constructed by the Mysore Maharajahs and Tipu Sultan’s Palace, built around 1790 as Tipu’s summer retreat.
A tour of Bangalore must also include Lalbagh Botanical Gardens- built by Hyder Ali in 1760, and the Bannerghatta National Park- a 25,000-acre zoological park one and a half hours away from Bangalore City. Educational tours of Bangalore may include the Vishweshwaraiah Industrial and Technological Museum, the State Archaeological Museum, the Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, the Venkatappa Art Gallery and the Karnataka ChitrakalaParishad. Religious tours of Bangalore cover the Bull Temple in Basavanagudi, the Maha Bodhi Society Temple- a replica of the Bodh Gaya Stupa, the ISCKON temple, the Maruthi Temple, the GaviGangadeshwara Cave Temple as well as many other temples, mosques and churches of historic significance.
Due to an average elevation of 920 meters above the sea level, Bangalore enjoys a cool climate throughout the year. Although summers can get hot with dry heat waves, it seldom exceeds 35 degrees Celsius and hovers around a mean temperature of 24 degrees Celsius.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Bangalore
, Bangalore-Tirupati Package
, Bangalore-Tirupathi Package
, Bangalore-Ananthpur (By Pass)
, Bangalore-Kushal Nagar
, Bangalore-Coorg Package 1night 2days
, Bangalore-Coorg Package 2night 3days
, Bangalore-Dindigal By Pass
, Bangalore-Thrissur By Pass
, Bangalore-Palakkad Byepass
, Bangalore-Aluva By Pass
, Bangalore-Coimbatore By Pass
, Bangalore-Ooty Kodai Kanal Package 2nigh
, Bangalore-Ooty Kodai Package 3n 4d
, Bangalore-Ooty Package 1night 2days
, Bangalore-Ooty Package 2night 3days
, Bangalore-Ooty Kodai Munnar 5n 6d
, Bangalore-Ooty 1, Kodai 2, Munnar 1 Pkg
, Bangalore-Ooty 1,Kodai 2, Munnar 2 Alepp
, Bangalore-Ooty Kodai Kanal Package 4nig
, Bangalore-Mysore Site Seeing
, Bangalore-Mysore & Coorg 2 Night 3 Days
, Bangalore-Mys Ooty Kodai 4 Night 5days
, Bangalore-Mys Ooty 3night 4 Days
, Bangalore-Mysore, Coorg 3night 4 Days
, Bangalore-Mysore Ooty 1n2d
, Bangalore-Mysore Ooty 2n3d
, Bangalore-Mysore Ooty Kodai 3n 4d
, Bangalore-Mantralaya Package
, Bangalore-Hampi (Hospet)
, Bangalore-Munirabad Bypass
, Bangalore-Munnar 1, Aleppy 1, Kumarakom
, Bangalore-Munnar Package 1night 2 Days
, Bangalore-Munnar Package 2night 3 Days
, Bangalore-Munnar Aleppy Package 3night
, Bangalore-Dindigul By Pass
, Bangalore-Thekkady Munnar Package 2night 3days
, Bangalore-Thekkady Munnar Package 3night 4 Days
, Bangalore-Thekkady Munnar Aleppy Package 4night 5 Days
, Bangalore-Munnar Aleppy Package 2night 3
, Bangalore-Hubli (Bye Pass)
, Bangalore-Dharwad By Pass
, Bangalore-NDMC Donimalai
, Bangalore-Thirupathi Package
, Bangalore-Gudalur (Theni)
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Bangalore
, Tirupati Package-Bangalore
, Tirupathi Package-Bangalore
, Ananthpur (By Pass)-Bangalore
, Kushal Nagar-Bangalore
, Coorg Package 1night 2days-Bangalore
, Coorg Package 2night 3days-Bangalore
, Dindigal By Pass-Bangalore
, Thrissur By Pass-Bangalore
, Palakkad Byepass-Bangalore
, Aluva By Pass-Bangalore
, Coimbatore By Pass-Bangalore
, Ooty Kodai Kanal Package 2nigh-Bangalore
, Ooty Kodai Package 3n 4d-Bangalore
, Ooty Package 1night 2days-Bangalore
, Ooty Package 2night 3days-Bangalore
, Ooty Kodai Munnar 5n 6d-Bangalore
, Ooty 1, Kodai 2, Munnar 1 Pkg-Bangalore
, Ooty 1,Kodai 2, Munnar 2 Alepp-Bangalore
, Ooty Kodai Kanal Package 4nig-Bangalore
, Mysore Site Seeing-Bangalore
, Mysore & Coorg 2 Night 3 Days-Bangalore
, Mys Ooty Kodai 4 Night 5days-Bangalore
, Mys Ooty 3night 4 Days-Bangalore
, Mysore, Coorg 3night 4 Days-Bangalore
, Mysore Ooty 1n2d-Bangalore
, Mysore Ooty 2n3d-Bangalore
, Mysore Ooty Kodai 3n 4d-Bangalore
, Mantralaya Package-Bangalore
, Hampi (Hospet)-Bangalore
, Munirabad Bypass-Bangalore
, Munnar 1, Aleppy 1, Kumarakom-Bangalore
, Munnar Package 1night 2 Days-Bangalore
, Munnar Package 2night 3 Days-Bangalore
, Munnar Aleppy Package 3night-Bangalore
, Dindigul By Pass-Bangalore
, Thekkady Munnar Package 2night 3days-Bangalore
, Thekkady Munnar Package 3night 4 Days-Bangalore
, Thekkady Munnar Aleppy Package 4night 5 Days-Bangalore
, Munnar Aleppy Package 2night 3-Bangalore
, Hubli (Bye Pass)-Bangalore
, Dharwad By Pass-Bangalore
, NDMC Donimalai-Bangalore
, Thirupathi Package-Bangalore
, Gudalur (Theni)-Bangalore
About Greenline Travels: